Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Journeyman

Default Uploading photos

Since there seems to be an problem for newbies uploading photos to the site (I was one) I thought a tutorial may be useful. The easiest way I could think of was to add screenshots as attachments so here goes part 1. Just follow the little red arrows.
  • Clicking on 'Post Reply' takes you to the first screen. Click on the paper clip icon. (First thumbnail)
  • To locate your photo for upload click on 'Browse'.(Second thumbnail)
  • This takes you to the Choose File window. (Third thumbnail) From the drop-down list select the location of your photo (my photos, my sharing folders etc.) Click on the photo to select and then click on 'Open'. This will transfer the location of the photo to the manage attachments screen
Attached Thumbnails
Uploading photos-upload-1.jpg   Uploading photos-upload-2.jpg   Uploading photos-upload-3.jpg  

Last edited by Inishta; 01-21-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:47 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Uploading photos

Part 2.
  • From the manage attachments screen click on 'Upload'. This will attach your photo to the post. (First thumbnail)
  • If you wish to add further photos click on 'Browse' and repeat step 3 from the previous post. When finished click on 'Close this window' (Second thumbnail)
  • You will find your photos on the 'Attach Files' under 'Additional Options' Having made sure you have put in your title and message click 'Submit Reply' (third thumbnail) and hey presto your reply with attachments should be on the forum

Attached Thumbnails
Uploading photos-upload-4.jpg   Uploading photos-upload-5.jpg   Uploading photos-upload-6.jpg  
Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Inishta, this is so much better of a tutorial than the other ways. I hope we can send this thread to newbees as they ask, knowing that the most recent thread is always up on the forum home page. Great work.

Acoma's Tuscan:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Journeyman

I think James should make this a sticky
Old 01-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey all,

Great work Trevor; thanks for putting your time (and skill) into this. I have made this Sticky, so new users can easily find it.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice work, Dude! Hope you don't mind - thought I'd help out, too.

To position your attachments within the text:

Once the attachments are uploaded, click the paper clip icon once more.

Uploading photos-upload-1.jpg

It will open a small drop down menu.

Uploading photos-upload-3.jpg

Your attachments are in descending order of the order they were uploaded in (first on top, second below it, third below that, etc).

Place the cursor in the text where you want the attachment to appear. Click on the attachment you wish to place there. Attachment tags (the funky things in brackets) will appear in that spot.

Uploading photos-upload-4.jpg

Click Submit Reply.

Uploading photos-upload-5.jpg

There ya go!

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]

Last edited by Archena; 01-21-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

More Fun With Attachments:

From the drop down menu you have several options:

1) Manage Attachments. Clicking this will open the upload window and allow you to upload additional attachments (FB has a limit of five).

Uploading photos-attach-1.jpg

2) The attachments themselves can be placed in any order anywhere in the text by placing the cursor in the text where you want the attachment and then clicking on that attachment. Remember, they are in descending order - the second one down will be the second one you uploaded.

Uploading photos-attach-2.jpg

3) Insert All does exactly what it sounds like - it inserts all the attachments at once.

Uploading photos-attach-3.jpg

If you don't insert them anywhere - or click the Manage Attachments button at the bottom, all attachments will appear at the bottom of the post as thumbnails.

[/CENTER]
Old 11-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Peasant

Hello all
This is my 7th post ,but I am still unable to upload a photo
every time I press the paper clip i get a" kerplunk" with no result.
"Travis" informed me there is some software on the site requiring a certain number of posts as a way of preventing SPAM getting in
Is this the case ,and if so any idea how many are needed
Cheers Cooter
Old 11-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I think it's ten. I tried to find it listed somewhere (I know I've seen it) but no luck.

James, what about a sticky in Forum Guidelines that contains the various requirements?

[/CENTER]
Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Serf

Great tutorial boss.