Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Serf

Default Small WFO

I also posted a similar thread on Pizzamaking.com, but guessing that there'll be a bigger pool of ressources here. As I live in an apartment, I don't have the capacity to have a big, nice WFO at my disposal. So I'm in the market for a smaller wfo, that I can easily transport to different locations(my parents, my siblings etc) without having to buy a trailer and a crane to lift it. So a WFO that weighs less than 100 kg.

The oven will be used to cook neapolitan styled pizzas, and should therefore be able to reach 350+ degrees celsius and have enough top heat so that the top is being cooked along with the bottom. So I've been looking at different alternatives. The beehive looks very nice, but is too heavy. I've come across something called Le Pitchoun, but as someone noted the fire is beneath the stone, and probably not a lot of top heat.

I've read about the Forni a Legna Pizza Party oven, which fit my needs. The only thing I'm concerned with is if it has enough top heat - anybody know of this model, and have tested it?

Another option is Alfapizzas 2 Pizze Forno 2 pizze - Alfapizza which seems very nice, but again a steel construction that makes me wonder how the top heat is when the door open.

Any comments, or ideas to alternatives?
Old 02-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Small WFO

Kermit,

Sorry, but what you are looking for (small, transportable, lightweight) doesn't seem to fit into the design and construction experience of the builders here except a trailerable oven.
John
Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
Perhaps a good starting point could be a pizza stone in your BBQ?
Forno sell a good one....and theres a section in the forum

Regards Dave

Last edited by cobblerdave; 03-01-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Apprentice

A small refractory concrete dome with a pizza stone under it. It's not perfect, but it fits your specifications. You might also consider a cob oven with a pizza stone as the cooking hearth. Cob is very light.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have read where some have had some success with the The Big Green Egg. Of course, they were in the process of building a real oven I'm sorry that I can't credit just who but, please chime in if you can direct.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Apprentice

Forno Bravo has its Andiamo series on sale now. It's mounted on a stand with wheels. It weighs about 200kg, though. It would work for a first floor apartment (or a multistory building if it has an elevator).