Old 01-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Serf

Default Recommendation on Pizza Oven

Hello, new user - first post. This seems like a great forum and I could use some of your expertise.

I am in the process of building an outdoor cooking area that will consist of a Weber propane grill, wood burning pizza oven, and prep area.

My requirements for a WBO are fully assembled, moveable, proven, warranty backed, approximate cost of $2500 or under - AND makes a great pizza. My budget doesn't allow - and my needs don't require VPN specs - however I would like to make neapolitan and NY style pizza. I usually cook 2-3 pies at a time.

I have been doing some research and identified some possibilities including Forno Bravo Primerva & Strada, Alfa Forno 5 Minuti, and Forno Toscano Margherita.

Very interested in pros / cons of the above - or other recommendations.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Serf

Default Re: Recommendation on Pizza Oven

All of the forno bravo ovens are well engineered from a thermal standpoint, you'd likely be happy with any of them. The Alfa Forno ovens have the chimney exiting from the top of the dome, this is a poor design as you are losing most of the heat right over the pizza and there is no dome radiating heat downwards to the middle of the pizza.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Peasant

I think you're going to have a tough time finding a fully assembled oven big enough for 3 pies in your price range. And get a shipping quote, it's gonna cost a lot to ship a big heavy item across country.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:40 AM
Journeyman

I agree with Paul... and if you want it movable you will need a very heavy duty stand with very strong axles and wheels - that alone could cost $1,000. These things are HEAVY! Can you put it in a fixed permanent location?