Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Paint or Color the Stucco***

Hi all,
    I am going to stucco my oven this weekend(if i dont go fishing sunday) and my question to you is, Should i mix color in the stucco ? or Paint the stucco ?
    My concern is mainly that if i mix color in the stucco and all the batches dont come out exactly the same color my dome will have four different shades of stucco.

If I paint I will have all the same color, but will also have to repaint eventually, but i guess i also have the option of changing the color if its not to my liking.

Or I could stucco and if it doesnt turn out well, I could paint after that,

As you can see im kinda torn here and hoping other's and thier past experience's here can offer their opinion and advice.....

Thanks all for your help

Mark

the pic is my new 4 inch maple countertop i bought from a sawmill.
    Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:48 PM.

Re: ***Paint or Color the Stucco***

Mark, I used an acrylic stucco and they mixed the color for me. I needed another bucket and they had me on record - both came out exactly the same. If you are doing it yourself, and use the exact same amount of dye, I don't think you will see a difference.

Les...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

I agree with Les pre mixed cant go wrong if you mix it yourself make sure to use same amount of dye in the same amount of stucco, I used a waterproofing material in a powder form, and concrete color dye work out the ratio of water and powder ,and mix the color in the water and add to powder and mix, the powder is called Sunnyside waterproofing at Lowes,here's a pic of the terra cotta color ,colors are not too many to choose from,check it you might find the one you likeor mix the powder plain white and paint after

Comment

i will check locally here in NJ but i have heard of no one that will premix for you. If anyone knows of a place please send it along, thanks

Mark

Comment

Looks awesome!!! what color is that oven???
          thanks,

Comment

Yes the color is nice, but where did you get those tool holders?

Comment

If you guy's blow the dust off of a four year old thread, odds are the poster will not see it. It's better to send a PM if you need a response.
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
              X