Old 06-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Journeyman

Default Oven in progress...thank you Forno Bravo

A big thanks to all of you at Forno Bravo. I haven't posted here, but I have read a lot and looked at tons of photo's. What a fantastic resource. I've downlowded the oven plans and though I haven;'t follolwoed them exactly, I wouldn;t have dreamed of starting this project without them.
My project is an outdoor kitchen and pizza oven combo (going big on a tiny budget) and I've gotten far enough along that I thought I'd share my progress. Problem is, I have a bunch of photo's on Picassa and since I'm a little technologically challenged- I'm not sure how to post them here?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Oven in progress...thank you Forno Bravo

What about a link?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Journeyman

I'm not sure how to do that...
Old 06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Apprentice

Go to your picassa photo's and right-click on the address bar at the top of the page then click copy. Come back here post and in your post right-click and click paste. Hope that works.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Journeyman

That doesn't work because Picassa is downloaded on my own computer, it's not web based. There's no address line. I've managed to figure out how to e-mail pics- but no luck on posting them here.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Journeyman

A link is pretty easy. Go to the web page with your pictures. Copy the address from the address bar up top. Paste that into the text of your message. The forum should automatically recognize it as a URL and make it a link.

Specific photos are a little more complicated. Find the picture you want to insert. right click on the picture. Select "properties." Copy the address listed as the location of the image. Start a post. Click the button and paste the address for the image. Click OK. You'll see the code for the picture, not the picture itself, until you actually submit your post.

Or you can attach an image. When you're writing your post, click on the icon shaped like a paperclip (above the text box where you type your message). Navigate to the image you'd like to attach and upload. You'll have to resize the image to deal with the size restrictions if you choose this option.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Master Builder

Breven, as you suggested, you'll need to upload the photos to the Picasa website before you can post a link. You do this by selecting your photos in Picasa (hold down the Ctrl key while you click on the pics you want to upload, or perhaps you can select a whole folder) and then I believe you click on the button near the bottom of the screen that says "Web Album." This should lead you through the process of creating a web album and uploading your pictures. Then you can put the link in your signature line like mine!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Journeyman

I appreciate the help, but again- I don't have these photo's uploaded to the web- so if their are not on a web page, how can copy an address line?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Journeyman

OH....Hanson, I get it. I'll do that. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

It's really simple to post them here. Just go to the Photo Gallery and select "post photos". After that, it is pretty evident on what to do. California is a pretty big state - which part?

Les...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.