Old 11-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Serf

Default New Member Intro from NZ

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself, I have been looking through the forum for some time and decided to register; I have some questions and want to bounce some ideas around.

I see there are some other NZ based members on here and will be keen to see how their builds and the material sourcing has worked out.

I'm from the UK originally and have been living in NZ with my family for 5 years now.

Always been a huge BBQ fan, now into smokers as well the next obvious step is a WFO to complete my outdoor cooking options.

Looking at a WFO for the whole range of cooking experiences; Pizza, Bread and keen on roasts and another options for the fish we catch here.

Any-ways, early days and still very much in the research stage but focusing on material sources for a design I got from Forno Bravo....

Cheers

Nick
Old 01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Welcome Nick :)

You have, in my view, made a great choice with the pompeii oven design. More than that, you have begun to tap two enormous resources here at fornobravo: The pompeii oven plans and the corporate memory of the membership willing to help you along the way.

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Serf

Default Re: New Member Intro from NZ

Hi there,

I also moved to Auckland from the UK and in the last two years have built myself a wood fired oven. It took some homework and research but I got there in the end. I'm more than happy to chat to you about it if keen.

Reply with an email or phone number if you'd like to discuss further.

All the best,

Neil
Old 02-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Serf

Default Re: Welcome Nick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
You have, in my view, made a great choice with the pompeii oven design. More than that, you have begun to tap two enormous resources here at fornobravo: The pompeii oven plans and the corporate memory of the membership willing to help you along the way.
Thanks Lee, its does seem the best source to go to...
Will look at your links.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk View Post
Hi there,

I also moved to Auckland from the UK and in the last two years have built myself a wood fired oven. It took some homework and research but I got there in the end. I'm more than happy to chat to you about it if keen.

Reply with an email or phone number if you'd like to discuss further.

All the best,

Neil
Thanks Neil, that's an awesome offer.
I'll PM you my details.

Negotiating the space with the wife at the moment, but has agreement in principle to proceed to the next phase
Putting a budget together is going to be interesting; finding suitable materials is the challenge...
Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 PM
Peasant

Hi Nick. Just wondering how your pizza oven build is going. How has it been sourcing material and what stage are you at? If you would like to get in contact I may be able to offer some advice. I am building one in New Plymouth, although it is taking longer than I was hoping for. Regards Dave.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:16 AM
Serf

Hi Dave

Not really progressed at all, my wife is quite interested in the project now.
Where did you find your bricks from?
And any other material you sourced :-)

cheers

Nick