Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Serf

Default Modular v. prefab

I am having trouble with understanding which F.B. oven is best for my situation. I am wanting a commercial pizza oven for a restaurant. Some say that the modular retain heat better once built and that they are best. Others say the modena or pre-assembled are best for a restaurant. This oven will only be used for pizza so I guess for this the most important thing is high floor temp and retention. What oven would you buy?
Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Modular v. prefab

Two answers here. If I wanted convenience, speed of installation and guaranteed results, I'd definitely go for the Modena. If I wanted a hands on experience, and had the time for it, I'd go the modular route with a larger Ristorante model. With all the time constraints and hassles of putting a restaurant together, I think the Modena would be your best choice.

Jim
Old 01-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

I think Jim has it right. Both ovens will cook equally well. I met with a restaurant owner today who has a Pizza Napoletana restaurant in Anthens, Greece with a new Ristorante 160 that is cooking perfect 90 second pizzas and he's very happy. He claims his pizzaiolo says it's the best oven he has ever used -- holds high heat well, good heat retention, no hot/cold spots, etc.

The trade-offs between the Modena and Ristorante are more practical in nature, rather than quality. The Modena is ready to go, fully-assembled, but you need forklift access to the kitchen. Still, you set it down, and you are ready to go. The Ristorante can be moved into the kitchen one piece at a time through a doorway, or even up stairs, where it can then be assembled. The "look" can also be more customized.

I think it one of those "right tool for the job" situations, where your personal situation will probably lead you to the right choice. We thought about this a great deal when we decided to support both ovens. There are good reasons for both, and it depends on the individual. Either way, you will have a great oven that will cook great, hold heat great and last.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Serf

Thanks for the replies, I am glad to find out that it is a question of setting up differences, rather than quality of baking.