Old 12-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Serf

Default inspiration to build

Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: inspiration to build

Hey Scratched,

Saw you other post as well abt the double vs single wall. Here is a link that shows some of the best documented WFOs on the forum.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/n...res-15133.html (A newbie’s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives)

Also start by downloading the free Forno Bravo pompeli plans as a good baseline to start you journey.

Hummm, old means "experienced" in my book plus you can cook too. Good luck and be sure to ask lots of questions on this forum. Most everyone is here to help.

Double wall vs single wall - inside oven or outside oven, going through a roof or not. Lots of variables, double is certainly more costly than single. SS is best, no galvanize, and black will eventually rust out. Some have used clay liners as well.

Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 12-02-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Hey Scratched,

Saw you other post as well abt the double vs single wall. Here is a link that shows some of the best documented WFOs on the forum.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/n...res-15133.html (A newbie’s survey of the Forno Bravo treasures hiding in the archives)

EXCELLENT THX...

Also start by downloading the free Forno Bravo pompeli plans as a good baseline to start you journey.

DID THIS...

Hummm, old means "experienced" in my book plus you can cook too. …= OK TO BE GRUMPY…...Good luck and be sure to ask lots of questions on this forum. Most everyone is here to help.

Double wall vs single wall - inside oven or outside oven, going through a roof or not. Lots of variables, double is certainly more costly than single. SS is best, no galvanize, and black will eventually rust out. Some have used clay liners as well.
….STILL HAVE NO IDEA HERE…IF IT THE POMPEII PLANS ITS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD???
Yes,... did as you suggested. Excellent site. The picture above is a new restaurant in Charleston with 3 imported Acunto ovens. Me on vacation. This oven "tour" put me over the top to start.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchedup View Post
Yes,... did as you suggested. Excellent site. The picture above is a new restaurant in Charleston with 3 imported Acunto ovens. Me on vacation. This oven "tour" put me over the top to start.
Where is that? I working in Charleston and only live 1 hour north. I went to a place on King St that claimed Neapolitan pizza, but it was a bust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 12-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I found it.

Did you eat there? If so, what did you think?

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 12-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Serf

give me a sec. I tell the story
Old 12-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Serf

I live in Atlanta (Actually burbs…). This IMO may be the best pizza in Atlanta. They have 3 ovens from Italy.
Antico Pizza - Pizza Tradizionale di Napoli - The Atlanta GA Market

Fast forward…we are in Charleston vacationing a few weeks ago and in the search for cool places to eat we found this place-
Desano Pizza Bakery : Eater Charleston.

As we walked in we observed it was mostly identical the the Atlanta pizzera. Upon inquiry we were told that the folks that started Desanos had "found" Antico Pizza in Atlanta and were thrilled and impressed with the concept and copied it.

They use 00 flour and claim that all ingredients are from Italy. They have 3 ovens that they have named made by Acunto-
Acunto Napoli - Acunto Napoli?s ovens, for traditional pizza of Naples.

Restaurant is a little odd but great pizza. A highlight for me was the oven pizza guy gave me an in-depth tour of the ovens and functionality.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Serf

This is part 1-

Part 2
The stone deck and pizza oven will sit above this.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
I live in Atlanta (Actually burbs…). This IMO may be the best pizza in Atlanta. They have 3 ovens from Italy.
Antico Pizza - Pizza Tradizionale di Napoli - The Atlanta GA Market

Fast forward…we are in Charleston vacationing a few weeks ago and in the search for cool places to eat we found this place-
Desano Pizza Bakery : Eater Charleston.

As we walked in we observed it was mostly identical the the Atlanta pizzera. Upon inquiry we were told that the folks that started Desanos had "found" Antico Pizza in Atlanta and were thrilled and impressed with the concept and copied it.

They use 00 flour and claim that all ingredients are from Italy. They have 3 ovens that they have named made by Acunto-
Acunto Napoli - Acunto Napoli?s ovens, for traditional pizza of Naples.

Restaurant is a little odd but great pizza. A highlight for me was the oven pizza guy gave me an in-depth tour of the ovens and functionality.
I am familiar with Antico, but I have never eaten there. One of my brothers is in Atlanta, so it's on the list.

I'll have to check out Desanos next time I'm in Chucktown.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 12-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
This is part 1-

Part 2
The stone deck and pizza oven will sit above this.
Nice feature!

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin