Old 06-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Peasant

Default how thick is to thick for a hearth cooking surface

i am thinking of using a 3" thick HD Firebrick. reason for it is b/c i can get 12"x12" sheets which i prefer over the bricks (less edges, etc).

when does it become to thick and will take to long to get to desired heat? i have been reading that it should be between 2-3".
any thoughts?
Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 PM

Default Re: how thick is to thick for a hearth cooking surface

Three inches should be OK, it might take a little longer to get to temperature.

The refractory tiles come in two inch thickness too: I think Harbison Walker has them.

I thought about using them, but they are a lot more expensive than bricks, and I got cheap.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: how thick is to thick for a hearth cooking surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmun View Post

I thought about using them, but they are a lot more expensive than bricks, and I got cheap.

Don't we all?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

My pics: