Old 11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Head's up: HF tile saw on sale

Just a quick head's up to anyone at the tile-saw purchasing stage of their project, the HF tile saw is currently on sale for $230.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WFO Webpage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thread:

Old 11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Head's up: HF tile saw on sale

If you register at their website, they will periodically send a 15-20% off discount coupon. I just got a 15% off coupon today that I would be happy to forward to anyone who asks for it.

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread:
Old 11-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Peasant

I've noticed that alot of magazines have a 20% off coupon for one item included in the HF ads lately. Or you can search on line and often find one. That's how I ended up paying only $176 for my tile saw.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just to clarify for any newbies, you can pile the coupons up on top of the sale prices. So I applied a 20% coupon to a sale-price saw for example. That came to $183.99 before tax. I'm not sure how glindhout beat that, but whatever.

WFO Webpage:

Thread:

Old 11-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Peasant

I got it for $176 because it was on sale for $219 a while back...
Old 11-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Apprentice

Is a tile saw significantly better or easier than using a circ saw to cut brick? If so, can I get away with a cheap, under $100 tile saw?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:31 PM

The cheap seven inch tile saws (that look like little table saws) only cut a little more than halfway through the brick. They also throw mud in your face unless you use them backwards and pull the brick toward you. That said, they certainly will cut brick, either score-and-break, or in two passes. I own one (and would sell it to you cheap) and I went out and bought the HF 10 inch saw when I begin my project.

And yes, it's significantly better and easier.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Journeyman

I thought the HF saw was worth the money, although I know a lot of other builders, particularly ones with skill, have used other methods. I don't think I could have done it without the saw.

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: