Old 04-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Laborer

Default Fire Bricks/Colorado

Does anyone know where to find Fire Bricks in Colorado for under $2? I am putting together the materials and so far every place I have tried gives me a quote of $2/brick.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 04-30-2006, 06:09 AM
Journeyman

Default A fellow builder from Littleton may have some ideas

(M) Consider writing to DrakeRemoray who lives in Littleton and lists his email address on this forum as: drake at blue tap dot com

Ciao,

Marcel

Last edited by Marcel; 05-02-2006 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Asked to put spaces in the email address.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Robinson Brick quoted me $1.92 per brick for yellow medium duty firebrick. I have been unable to find low duty firebrick anywhere. If you find some, please let me know.

Marcel, can you please edit your post to put some spaces in my email address. This will keep the spambots from picking it up.

Thanks,
Drake
Old 05-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Laborer

Default Bricks/Colorado

Thanks. I will give them a call.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:44 AM
Journeyman

Default Sorry about no spaces, Drake. I changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeRemoray
Robinson Brick quoted me $1.92 per brick for yellow medium duty firebrick. I have been unable to find low duty firebrick anywhere. If you find some, please let me know.

Marcel, can you please edit your post to put some spaces in my email address. This will keep the spambots from picking it up.

Thanks,
Drake
(M) I apologize about the direct listing of your email address and I have changed it to fool spambots. I never considered how that works and freely listing my email address may explain why I get so much spam. Thanks for the indirect "heads-up"

(M) You listed your email address with this forum. Does that listing not get picked up?

(M) I'm also fine with completely removing that posting; Ryan got the message.

Ciao,

Marcel
Old 05-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Marcel,

In order to obtain an email address from this forum, you have to be a registered user and logged in.

I am happy to share my email address with registered users, but you do NOT have to be registered to VIEW the forum.

That said, I already get so much spam, I am not sure I would notice an increase, but thanks for modifying your post anyway.

Drake
Old 07-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Serf

Default firebricks

Marcel,

I am an exporter/supplier of refractory materials from China, the products includes firebricks, mortars, insulating materials and unshaped refractories. Could you help me meet some potential buyers for the items?

Thanks

Victor Fon
Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Serf

Ryan, not sure where you're at in Colorado, but up North near Loveland is Valley Block. Not sure on price though.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Serf

Default Re: Fire Bricks/Colorado

I've been unable to locate light duty firebricks in Colorado. I've found Alsey brand medium duty bricks at Threewit-Copper Cement Company for $1.66 each, but no light duty brick anywhere. Alsey only makes medium and heavy duty bricks, so special ordering a light duty is not an option.

Brickstone can order Carolina Ceramic light duty bricks but the shipping costs would be prohibitive. I checked all the sources on this thread but none of them had light duty bricks.

Hillen Brothers has thousands of used bricks at 50 cents each but they have no idea of their history or composition.

Does anyone have a local source for light duty bricks? I'm willing to drive a little to get them.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Fire Bricks/Colorado

Hi dwalker,

Yea! Another Colorado oven!

I never did find light duty, but I have sure had a lot of success in my oven with the medium duty Alsey bricks that I used (from Robinson brick)...I would not sweat it.

Let me know if you want to get together to see my oven...

Drake