Old 11-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Serf

Default Fire Brick Prices in Australia

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and Forno Bravo. I'm very impressed with the detail and information on the site and in the free set of plans. This has changed my plan to build an oven with clay bricks (pressed reds) to using fire bricks. I'm in Tasmania, and the first price I've found is $4.95 per brick which will expensive for the whole oven.

Does anyone have any tips on better prices, freighting interstate etc?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:12 AM
Serf

Default Re: Fire Brick Prices in Australia

Hi GFY

I'm not sure about freight but Darley Refactories in Bacchus Marsh Victoria sell second grade bricks for $2.50 + GST. I purchased mine from there and they are perfect for building a WFO. I was initially concerned about them being second grade but the salesman said everybody uses seconds for WFO's. If you decide to go new they are $3.75 + GST each.

Darley Refractories Australia, Bacchus Marsh, Victoria

Dave
Old 11-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Master Builder

Yeah thats about it.....seconds are usually half or a third the price of new.. If the seconds look structurally sound they are probably ok. I believe "low" or "medium" duty are more appropriate whereas "high duty" are for higher temp applications.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:51 AM
Serf

Thanks for the information. Darley Refractories have turned out to be a good source of material as well as bricks. Their price including freight beat the local option.

But today as I went to place an order, I found out their entire stock sold in the last day or so. Pizza ovens are very popular this Christmas. While that's a good thing overall, it'll probably put my project back a bit.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Laborer

Hi,

try the Terracotta Tile Company in Perth the sell kits for WFO's and also just brinks, tiles etc.

cheers