Old 06-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Laborer

Default Dome on top or on side of floor?

I'm sure somewhere in the forum this may have been asked but, here I am asking again.
Does it really matter whether the dome is on top or on the side of the oven floor? Or, is this just expansion theory by preference?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Dome on top or on side of floor?

It doesn't matter at all. The professional oven builders use the dome and floor separate method, because commercial ovens that are fired every day will wear out the floor bricks in a decade or so, and they are slightly easier to replace if they are entirely inside the dome. I put my dome on the floor, because I thought it would distribute the weight on the insulation better. Experience has shown that both ways work fine.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Laborer

Thanks for the info, As I get closer to submitting a permit, I just want to make sure I have my questions all answered and I have a plan in my head. I think the dome on top of the floor would save me some cutting and if there is notther to fear in a home build and average home use, I will probably pursue this method.

Bob,

Tony Boca, if you see this, how are you doing with you build?
Old 06-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Laborer

Hey Bob,
Just walked in the door. Poured in the foundation today using the mini cement mixer. I'll post some more in the morning, I'm beat.

See My Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My thread: