Old 03-02-2008, 03:36 AM
Peasant

Default Dome Query.

PhotoPlog - Error
Above is a link to a picture of the inside of my dome. As you can see it is not great, not smooth and not a nice flowing curve.
Is this vital to the efficiency of the oven?
If it is can I render the inside of the dome? If so what with and to what thickness?
Also what are the rules on door size?
Hope to hear from you all soon.
Cheers
Nick
Old 03-02-2008, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Dome Query.

Cutting a smooth fitting top to the dome is a really fussy thing. It's not necessary at all. The only worry is that loose mortar will fall into the oven, but remember, your pizza in only in the oven for a minute or two at the most stable part of the temperature curve. What did you use for mortar?

I wouldn't try to plaster over the inside of your oven, that seems like asking for trouble, besides being a really unpleasant job.

Enjoy your oven, and deal with any problems as they arise.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question about door rules.

A quick picture hint: after you've uploaded your picture into the photoblog, if you copy the line in the first box that starts "IMG", you can copy it directly into your message, and the picture shows up, like this:

Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Serf

Trenchn,

Your dome doesn't look too much different from mine. I would not even think about rendering the inside. Go with what you have (mine seems to work OK).
How would you render the inside? I can barely fit my arms through my door, let alone enough of my body to actually plaster anything.

Tom T
Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Peasant

That was going to be a problem, I can't get any of me inside the oven, so how I was going to render it I don't know. teach my Six year old how to render!!.
The door quwation. Is ther a ratio of oven size to door size? My oven burns and cooks well, but it is quite difficult to see what is going on and move stuff round because of the small opening.
Thanks for the replies. That is exactly what I was hoping to hear.
Cheers
Nick