Old 12-16-2008, 05:47 AM
Serf

Default Do I need to worry about gap between floor and dome?

I have a Casa 90 and I have placed the oven floor (FB board, then refmix, the floor, filled the gaps with more refmix). I set the dome over the floor, but noticed that the dome is slightly larger than the floor, there are gaps at the back especially. I read that I am not supposed to put any refmix in between oven pieces. My question is: do I need to worry about any part of the fire falling in the gap? My main concern is that this would fall directly on FB board. I know the FB board is super insulating, but can it take direct contact with a fire / ember?
Thanks,
Tim
Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Do I need to worry about gap between floor and dome?

Quote:
My question is: do I need to worry about any part of the fire falling in the gap?
Short answer: no. After a few curing fires any cracks will fill with wood ash. There will be no direct exposure of the insulation to the fire, and I don't think it would hurt if there was.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.