Old 01-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Serf

Default Debating on a build

I've been contemplating building a 36" oven in my backyard for a few years now. I finally decided to pull the trigger a few weeks ago now that my wife and I have decided we'll be in our current home for awhile. I called my local county Building & Safety to see if I need to submit a plan, and if my project would require to be Permitted. His response was that a permanent wood burning structure is not allowed in our county because of regulations from our local Air Pollution Control District.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Debating on a build

That is unfortunate. Perhaps, if you make it clear that it is for cooking it may make a difference.....?

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Debating on a build

Tell them the it will be gas fired.
Because we all know burning a fossil fuel is much better......

Old 01-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Debating on a build

Sorry D77mac,

I have no advice for you other then MOVE out of California, land of the over regulated. I looked up your local air pollution regulations and all I can say it that perhaps you need to stop breathing because your polluting the air.

You guys out there have regulated Bakery Ovens because they want to limit organic compound emissions. Just think baking bread causes air pollution. Next time I bake I'll be sure to put on my hazmat suit.

Check this out. http://www.valleyair.org/rules/1ruleslist.htm#reg9 the bakery oven regulations.

Last edited by Faith In Virginia; 01-31-2012 at 01:19 PM.