Old 07-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Serf

Default commercial use of oven

Are the ovens that you give plans on able to stand up to a daily use of around 12 hours a day?
Old 07-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default The right fundamental design

The Pompeii Oven that people are building in their back garden is fundamentally a scaled down version of the oven you see in Italian pizzerias. To make a commercial version, you would need to make it larger, and insulate the heck out of it. I would also recommend that you use only true refractory mortar in the installation.

A typical commerical oven has a 4" thick dome, and 2"-3" thick floor. The smallest commercial oven is about 48" and the largest is about 72".

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Serf

Default plans

Thanks for the information, do you have plans that size? I am a master mason, I have been in the masonry business for 30 years, so I am able to build just about anything.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I think you are on your own with the larger oven. That isn't to say it won't work, but more that there isn't a lot of large brick oven building experience within our group. Forno Bravo sells commerical precast ovens that are great -- in fact our producer sells about 50% residential ovens and 50% commerical ovens in Europe. I have walked into various restaurants over the years and have seen one of our ovens sitting there cooking away.

But the structural aspects of a larger site-built brick dome are something I don't have experience with.

If you are thinking about going ahead with the project, I still think that this forum is probably the best resource out there to help you work through issues.

Glass half full?
James

Old 08-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Laborer

Are you wanting to build an oven that is going to be used in a commercial enterprise? If so contact us with your requirements

Alf
Old 08-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Serf

Default commercial use

Yes we will be building for commercial use. Do you have any information that would be of use??