Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Good Background Information > Newbie Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Serf

Default Can Someone PLEASE help me identify and find info on this build!!

I'm clearly new but have exhausted the search option before posting. So please don't flame if my questions stupid.

My research has told me that this is a clay mixtured dome over the bed of flat fire bricks. refractory mixture?...not that i completely know what that means.

My goal is to make almost a clay/cement like dome that can handle the heat for the back yard. Even if i run into cracks eventually, (hopefully not for a long time) my thought is that i would build a new one.

Is Kiko's book about earth ovens something useful for this oven? Any information or direction on this build would be such a favor to me. I'm hoping my dad and I can build this together at his house. Thank you guys.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Laborer

Default Re: Can Someone PLEASE help me identify and find info on this build!!

I would think Kiko's book would be an excellent start for this type of oven. I have built a Scott style oven and have alot of base material left over as well as firebricks and am thinking of doing a cobb style oven.
Let us know how you are doing. Post pictures and updates.