Old 01-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Whole Grain Products and Recipes

Okay, here's the flour scoop....

There is a great need for more fiber in our diets in general and those who have diabetic issues must watch out for highly refined products such as white flour, white pastas and white sugar. I was surprised to be diagnosed as pre-diabetic but reacted to lose weight, excercise more and eat healthier foods with more fiber.

So....I have taken the path of more fiber in our cooking and that has lead to the whole wheat recipes and products I've posted and asked for. I know it's tougher to bake breads and make pizzas with higher fiber (Integral) products but that's my challenge.

If anyone has proven (or suggested) recipes using whole grains, seeds, nuts, vegetables, etc., I'd appreciate you posting them or sending them to me. I'll try them and post results. (My wife follows recipes, I modify them!)

James, I'm finding it hard to find some products in Spain....Rye flour and Pumpernickle for example. We've found a nice whole wheat flour and pasta brand and can find brown rice okay. What have you run across in the more whole grain type products??

Maybe I'll get a grain mill.....have you seen those here?

Thanks for feedback, Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!