Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Get Cooking

View Poll Results: Where do you store your stand mixer
I leave it out all the time. 15 41.67%
I store it a cabinet below my counters. 7 19.44%
I store it around the corner in a pantry. 9 25.00%
My garage is immaculate, and I store it on shelves there. 1 2.78%
I don't have one; I hand mix everything. 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Where do you store your stand mixer?

I'm getting close to buying my new stand mixer, and with all the bread I bake, I am thinking of leaving it out on the counter all the time.

Where do you store your mixer? Does weight matter? Size?

What does your wife (husband) think of looking at it all the time?

The family is complaining about my whining KitchenAid, so it's time to make my decision and get on with it.

Here a poll,
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 08-18-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Where do you store your stand mixer?

I've always had mine out on the counter all the time, but I'm intrigued by cabinet lifts like this:

I honestly don't think my husband would notice if I changed how the mixer is stored, so I only need to please myself. When I met him, he had juice and beer in his fridge, and ate out for 100% of his meals. I'm quite frankly astounded that he's showing any interest in the pizza oven!

Last edited by Modthyrth; 08-18-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I have mine on lifts under the counter. It swings up and down without breaking my back.

I have the big KitchenAid 6 qt, and if I didn't have it on the lift it would have to live on the counter...

Old 08-18-2008, 04:24 PM

That IS cute. I wonder if it's counterweighted or sprung for easy access.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Apprentice

my electorlux dlx sits in a corner on the kitchen counter..the wife hates it, but I do all the cooking and I've told her when she takes over the kitchen duties, she can have out whatever appliances she wants. I have a feeling it will remain on the counter for a very long time. Personally I like to see appliances out in a "working" kitchen. We have many friends that have what I call Pottery Barn kitchens with beautiful appliances (mixers, food processors, blenders) on counters displayed like Williams Sonoma, but they have never use any of them...what a shame.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Do you like your Electrolux DLX? Where did you get it?

Also, is it pretty quiet?

I'm leaning in that direction, with the Cuisinart in second.
James

Old 08-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I store it on the counter for now, but in a few years when we do the major kitchen remodel you can bet I'll have one of those cool lift things for it!

Updated!

Old 08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

They do make cabinet hardware that can be installed inside of a cabinet.
The mixer attaches to the hardware and can be pulled out or put back in the cabinet in less than 20 seconds.

Quite handy, but it does require a whole cabinet.

I keep mine on the counter, but someday.........

(I just saw dmuns pic.......) but I'll leave this post anyway.

dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 08-18-2008, 06:54 PM

Modthirth found that pic, I just dragged it up to the top so you could see it without clicking through to the linked page.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Apprentice

James,
I LOVE my DLX. I have no problem doubling or tripling any dough recipes. I do a lot of bagels and it is a work horse. I did try a single recipe of Peters Reinharts foccacia bread in my dlx and that was almost too little dough for the dlx to be effective, I have found better luck with my kitchen aid if a small amount of something is going to be made. I have no reservations recommending a dlx to anyone who is seriously considering one.