Old 03-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Terra Cotta Baking Dishes

We have started carrying a very nice line of glazed terra cotta bakeware made in Tuscany. There are a range of sizes and pots with and without lids. You can use it for baking and roasting -- everything from potatoes and vegetables to chicken and roasts. They are two color, with a tan interior and either a green or blue exterior and lid.

These are made specifically for wood-fired oven baking, and are heat resistant and high heat tempered. We've used our pans from this producer for years, and they are great. They are safe for cooking and are lead-free.

The shipment is still at sea, and will be here in a couple of weeks -- but I want to let you know that they were on their way. The photo below has the brown exterior color (I think the green and blue look a lot nicer).

More to come on this.
James
Attached Thumbnails
Terra Cotta Baking Dishes-lotti2.jpg   Terra Cotta Baking Dishes-lotti.jpg   Terra Cotta Baking Dishes-lotti3.jpg   Terra Cotta Baking Dishes-lotti4.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Terra Cotta Baking Dishes

Have these baking dishes arrived yet at your store? And if so, are they listed in the Forno Bravo store directory?
Thanks,
Jim Bob
Old 12-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Jim Bob,

Yes, we've been stocking those for a couple of years, and I think they're great. You can find them in the FB Store here:

Cookware, Grills & Bakeware :: Forno Bravo Store

James

Old 12-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I can vouch for them too! I have a round pot with a lid and a gratin dish, both of which are wonderful in the wfo and on the stove and in the regular oven.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Laborer

James,
I couldn't tell how old that message was. I should have looked in the store listings. Thanks.
One more question- I purchased a Tuscan grill to cook steaks on the wfo and found after one use it began to quickly rust on me. I had cured it prior to using, but I am sure the high heat burnt that off. Any tips on caring for the cast iron products after usage in the wfo?
Thanks,
Jim Bob