Old 03-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Apprentice

Default "Old World" oven tool sets?

I have the residential set that was sent with my A120 and it performs very well. There is no functional reason I would have to replace this set but I'm considering doing so for aesthetic reasons. I'm in the tweaking stages of my outdoor kitchen construction, about 80% there and am looking at every aspect of the project from a "look and feel" perspective. Not that the tools I have are unattractive, just a bit more contemporary than I'd like. The premiums look nice, though the blue handles might not get me closer to the end look I want.

While the premium tools are surely a step up in appearance I've considered having some made for a more old world look. In lieu of that are there others FB can offer or perhaps would any one have a source I might check out online or while my wife and I are visiting Italy (Naples and Amalfi Coast area) this summer?

Stuart
Old 03-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: "Old World" oven tool sets?

I'm jealous of your pending trip. Summer on the Amalfi Coast is like a dream come true.

I'd consider having a local welder or iron worker make some for you out of iron. You'd certainly get that old world look you want.

-
Old 03-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: "Old World" oven tool sets?

The first place I asked around here about pizza peels was a local pizzaria restaurant - they told me they'd had all their stuff made by the local black smith... I thought of that when I first read your question.

So if you don't find any on your trip to Italy, you'll still have another solution...

« First Food | couche »