Old 01-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Monster Viking Stand Mixer

Peter, our dealer/installer here in Healdsburg, just bought the 7 qt/1000 watt Viking Stand Mixer in Black. It looks like Darth Vader, but works great. Wow. I got to play with it the other day, and it's big and strong. No problem whining when it worked with larger volumes of flour. Peter likes to really mix his dough fast at first, and the mixer just revved right up. This is the same guy who used to own The Village Bakery in Sonoma county a good microbakery, so I trust his judgement.

If you are in the market for a new mixer, you might take a look.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Laborer

I would be interested in folks experience regards various types of mixers. Here in the UK most people use planetary type mixers from Kenwood chef to Hobart big. I nave used a couple of spiral mixers in the past along with a very old diving arm type one any comments / preferences

Alf
Old 01-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Master Builder

Default mixology

Kenwood Major - my mom made me buy it after i fried her Kitchen Aid while in high school. The K-aid was a good beast before they started putting in wimpy motors. It would whip up double batches of cookies in a heart beat. It chocked though when it came to making double batches of bread dough. Who knew you had to make small batches? I thought that since the cookie dough could be filled to the top of the bowl so too could the dough.

The Kenwood had one main feature over the K-Aid (at the time I was in the market for a mixer) - a thermal fuse to protect the motor. I have been beating my K-wood for the past 20 years. I still get the motor to fuse off but at least I haven't had to buy a new motor.