Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Get Cooking

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TropicalCoasting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Apprentice

Default Fry pan

My 14" is giving up...whatever the coating is,was is coming off. I need this for inside cooking on a electric ceramic top, so the cast iron ones will scratch,ask me how I know. Is there a favorite? Really need the 14" or better with some kind of non-leathal coating....Suggestions? The La Crousette is out of my price range..
Old 08-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Fry pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickstrings View Post
The La Crousette is out of my price range..

All my cast ware is La Crousette, well it would be if its made in China as its all knock offs and works beautifully.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:00 AM
Apprentice

Thanks Brickie, Did'nt want to get a Chinese pan and find out it was made from lead....
Old 08-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Master Builder

Keep an eye on Aldi. $20 ........ works a treat. The enamelled cast iron dutch oven works fine too. If you are a capitalist the French ones are very nice and at the other end of the scale the terracotta tray from under the aspidistra will get you out of trouble as detailed in a post earlier.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 08-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Journeyman

Ive had the Aldi ones for a few years they are excellent and the right price.
brickie in oz likes this.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I was in Aldi today and they have cast enameled casserole and fry pans on special, the fry pans were $19.90 I think.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Apprentice

I wish there was a Aldi's where I live.....They were in Chicago, when I lived there...I'm in a small town of 500, the main grocery is Wal-mart, about 12 mi. away....This is okra country..lol... A cuilinary wasteland.. Most people here think pizza is ketchup on crackers.....Every thing is deep fried...so, anyway, I did manage to find a few pans on Webstaurant.com 14"cast aluminium,18.99....its a resturant supply online store.....bought a 10" and 12" also...under 60$ shipped for all....