Old 02-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Master Builder

Default First anything in the WFO...

I thought the beer chicken would be good to start my cooking experiance with the WFO. It was a good way to see how the heat is distributed throughout the oven. WOW what a different cooking experiance, much hotter than I expected...the chicken took about 45 min and was cooked thru and thru. I watched as the skin first started to sweat then bubble up turn golden and charred a little. I don't have a door yet so haven't even gotten it way up there yet. Need a good thermometer.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: First anything in the WFO...

Beer chicken
Attached Thumbnails
First anything in the WFO...-2010_02200069.jpg   First anything in the WFO...-2010_02200070.jpg   First anything in the WFO...-2010_02200077.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 07:28 PM

I'm liking semi-circular door arches more and more. Good work.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Master Builder

Thanks dmun. Going to render the dome a terra cotta color with red cement and a fire brick facade on the base and mantle.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Apprentice

The chicken looks good!!! When I do Beer Can Chook....I drink half the can (followed by many more!) put two cloves of Garlic, squashed, into the can and a wedge of lemon or lime in the hole where the neck once was. When people first see the chicken sitting up like that, they get a chuckle....then they taste it and they all want to do chicken like that!!!! And the chicken always comes out moist from a WFO.....and with a great smokey flavour!!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Apprentice

I'm a Red Horse fan myself! Hahaha Good choice of beer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmun View Post
I'm liking semi-circular door arches more and more. Good work.
Seems to be the trend in most of the current builds. Keith's and Eric's arches are semi-circular as well as mine. Personally, i chose it cause it is more aestethically pleasing to my eye but I hear (and read) that it makes for a more structurally sound arch.