Old 08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Electrolux Assistent in FB Store

We've been talking with the folks at Electrolux USA, and Forno Bravo is going to become a dealer for the Electrolux Assistent (previously known as the DLX 2000).

They have reworked the mixer a little to improve it and to get it passed by UL, and they will have the new units in stock in October. It comes in White, Grey, Blue, Champagne, Black and Chorme. The older DLX 2000 is sold out everywhere.

The mixer will have a published retail price, and a minimum price that Internet merchants can offer -- which is the price we will offer. I thought we would bundle the Forno Bravo CD ROM ($25) for free with the mixer.

This is very cool. I will keep you up to date on pricing and inventory as it becomes available.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 01-23-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Electrolux Assistent in FB Store

This is really good news, as I've had my eye on one for a while. Just haven't bit the bullet yet.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Apprentice

that is fantastic!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Now we have to wait until October. :-(

You know how you get excited about making a decision, then you have to wait. Oh well. This time it's worth it.
James

Old 08-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'm gonna start saving!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 08-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I have a question for those of you who already have one.

How large of a batch of pizza dough can you make? For a party now, I am running three 1kg batches of Caputo through the KitchenAid, then mixing it all together. That's a lot of work.

What's the maximum load in the Electrolux?
James

Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Apprentice

I use Reinharts neo-neopolitan dough which calls for 22.5 oz of flour and 16 oz of water per batch. I have pushed 4x this recipe in one run before with some flour spilling out as it mixed, and even distribution was a bit of an issue (nothing that a little hand kneading couldn't fix) but almost weekly I make a 3x batch of this. I like that I can get about 12-15 8oz doughs per batch
Old 08-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Electrolux Assistent in FB Store

James,
I did a Google search on the Electrolux DLX 2000 and found models with 450Watt and 600Watt motors.
I am interested as the one listed below seems to be significantly cheaper than others found with a 3 year warranty and the 600 Watt motor. Prices vary over $100 for the same unit, so one needs to shop around. See one at:

Magic Mill DLX 2000 Mixer (Electrolux Assistent or Assistant)

They are claiming an 8 quart capacity and 15lb, but I doubt that any domestic style mixer could handle that quantity of dough without failure.
I will get my son to check his sources within Electrolux as he was high up in their quality/imported goods here in Aus and see what deal I can get on one.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 08-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Serf

James,
I have a Swedish Electrolux Assistent model called N24, which might be the Swedish equivalent of the DLX2000 model mentioned, although I know they sell several different models here. It looks the same, and it says 600 W on the plate underneath the machine. I have had it for nine years now, baking at least once a week. The instruction book says it can handle a dough of 1 litre liquid with the dough roller, and 1.5 with the dough hook attachment (which I don't have), but when I read that I had already been making 1.5 litre dough for several years in my grandmother's old (ca 50 years, the second or third year model) one, without dough hook, so I just kept doing that. You have to be careful at the beginning before the dough is mixed, or there will be flour everywhere, and it takes a bit longer to work the dough than with 1 litre, but it can definitely be done.

I have not gotten the hang of calculating bakers percentage, but I usually make my dough with 1.5 litre (1500 grams) cool water, 25-50 g fresh (cake?) yeast and/or about 1 cup of starter, 1.5 T salt, olive oil (about 2-3 T), and flour, not exactly sure how much, but I use a little more than one bag, and a bag here is 2 kg. If anyone is interested I can measure more carefully next time.
I once by accident made a dough with 1.8 litre of water, but that was a bit much, I had to push down the dough the whole time to keep it from traveling up. Hard on the hands!

I can really reccomend the Assistent to the average home baker. We are four in my family, and I bake all of our bread, usually on weekends and put in the freezer for use during the week.

Mari
Old 08-20-2008, 03:41 AM
Serf

Excellent news, i've been wanting one of these for a while.
Will you ship these to Australia?
They are not available down here (AFAIK), we have Kitchenaid and im not real happy with mine for dough work.

Last edited by weaponx; 08-20-2008 at 03:42 AM. Reason: spelling