Old 08-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Dough storage

I finally found stackable dough storage trays that fit into the refrigerator. The are just big enough to hold six 280g dough balls -- which works for me. I made three 1kg batches of Caputo dough, then mixed everything together and ended up with 15 good balls (and one small one).

I could stack the dough trays and everything was a lot neater. Plus, each tray has a lid, so I didn't have any problems with skin on the dough. Space was tight, and the dough balls grow into each other, but I could get them out.

Overall, I think it's a success and I'm going to stick with them.

I will post photos and dimensions next -- and the brand name. The trays are food grade and NSF approved.

More to come.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Dough storage

Here is a photo.

The trays are 12"x8"x3.5". Tight, but functional. And they stack in the refrigerator.
James
Attached Thumbnails
Dough storage-img_1148.jpg  

Old 08-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Dough storage

Yep. That's what I need. the commerical ones are just too big.

I've got some rather huge tubs for multi dough runs - but I would like something more compact.

I tried to use the semi disposable single serving plastic tubs and they work ok for a small pizza night - like 4 to 8 pies.

Chris