Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Get Cooking

Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 216
Default Cast iron waffle iron?

Does anyone know where to get a cast iron Belgian waffle iron, that I can put into the WFO??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2014, 01:10 PM
SableSprings's Avatar
Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Roseburg, OR USA
Posts: 230
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamG View Post
Does anyone know where to get a cast iron Belgian waffle iron, that I can put into the WFO??
Since Forno Bravo doesn't offer a waffle iron, the link below looks like a good choice for the WFO. Lots of other sources and styles if you Google cast iron waffle iron...

Waffle Iron - Rome Outdoor Cookware UK

I've used a similar model on a wood fired cook stove and it worked pretty well.
__________________
Mike Stansbury
Roseburg, Oregon (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Photo albums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2014, 05:00 AM
Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 216
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Brilliant, thank you Mike.

I have been looking on Ebay after looking at Forno Bravo in the hope I can them in the UK!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Master Builder
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington State USA
Posts: 778
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

While looking for a waffle iron you might also keep you eye open for a pizzelle iron, for they are quite similar and are fun and easy to make in the WFO. I found this one at a Goodwill for not much money. While called an "iron" this one is made of aluminum. From what I have read it seems they were often engraved with a special date, like someone's wedding year and were given as a gift. This one has the date 1927 engraved into one of the diamonds.

When just out of the oven the pizzelle are very pliable, much like a fortune cookie. From what I have read these were originally molded around a cone to make the first ice cream cones. They are also rolled into small tubes and filled with chocolate cream for deserts.

bests,
Wiley
Attached Thumbnails
Cast iron waffle iron?-pizzelle-iron.jpg   Cast iron waffle iron?-iron-open-showing-date-of1927.jpg   Cast iron waffle iron?-pizzelle-wfo.jpg   Cast iron waffle iron?-pizzelle-baked-iron.jpg   Cast iron waffle iron?-finished-pizzelle.jpg  

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Master Builder
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 724
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Nice tools there.
__________________
Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by V-wiz; 03-03-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 216
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Just bought 2 cast iron wafffle irons.

Last edited by GrahamG; 03-06-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Master Builder
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington State USA
Posts: 778
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Curious!? Usually when I get a notice that there has been a new posting to a thread that I am following, I click on the link and am connected to the thread and to the new post. In this case it seems something is not working, has it been deleted or ?

So where is UtahBeehiver's post ? Seems bigoted, close minded postings are now permitted and any comment on how such postings are offensive goes missing.

This has always been what I considered to be a civil forum. Has policy changed?

RE China made items. Look at your computer, good chance it or parts of it were made in China. Less chance that half of the parts were made in the USA and virtually no chance any parts were made in the UK. Your computer must must be working as you can read this.

On another related/unrelated thought:

There has only been three countries that have successfully put a man in orbit/space and returned him alive to earth. Can anyone name them? Can anyone name the only country of the three who is no longer able to place a man in space or orbit around the earth?

Wiley
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Peasant
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 40
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
Curious!? Usually when I get a notice that there has been a new posting to a thread that I am following, I click on the link and am connected to the thread and to the new post. In this case it seems something is not working, has it been deleted or ?

So where is UtahBeehiver's post ? Seems bigoted, close minded postings are now permitted and any comment on how such postings are offensive goes missing.

This has always been what I considered to be a civil forum. Has policy changed?

RE China made items. Look at your computer, good chance it or parts of it were made in China. Less chance that half of the parts were made in the USA and virtually no chance any parts were made in the UK. Your computer must must be working as you can read this.

On another related/unrelated thought:

There has only been three countries that have successfully put a man in orbit/space and returned him alive to earth. Can anyone name them? Can anyone name the only country of the three who is no longer able to place a man in space or orbit around the earth?

Wiley

No idea what you are talking about in reference to other posts.

The three countries are the U.S.A., China, and Russia. Currently the U.S.A relies on partnerships with Russia to do it since the retirement of the space shuttle program.

I do like the waffle iron!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 216
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Yes, I can't wait to get them, I also bought a double electric waffle maker just in case...The family cannot wait.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-08-2014, 09:54 AM
SableSprings's Avatar
Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Roseburg, OR USA
Posts: 230
Default Re: Cast iron waffle iron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamG View Post
Yes, I can't wait to get them, I also bought a double electric waffle maker just in case...The family cannot wait.
Graham, do you have a sourdough culture? If you do, I have a pretty good recipe for sourdough waffles. Let me know and I'll post a pdf here for you to try. I've used it with both electric and external heat waffle irons with good success.
__________________
Mike Stansbury
Roseburg, Oregon (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)

Photo albums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Max floor temp for cast iron Bravo Get Cooking 10 10-21-2012 08:38 PM
Old Iron is good iron; cookware that is! Salvager Get Cooking 2 08-10-2012 12:22 AM
cast iron pots Faith In Virginia Get Cooking 15 06-28-2011 10:50 AM
Lodge Cast Iron james Get Cooking 9 05-13-2007 01:46 AM
Cast Iron Standing Grill james Get Cooking 4 02-01-2006 08:29 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC