Old 01-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Cast Iron Standing Grill

I have finally found a nice cast iron grill that is perfect for brick ovens. It has a heavy 14"x14" cast iron grill top and 4" legs. The top of the grill is about 4 1/2" high, so you can either pull coals under the grill, or just use retained heat.

These grills are great at chicken diavolo (or any type of butterflied chicken), steaks and grilled veggies. We're doing the chicken recipe this weekend, and I'll post photos. I'm pretty excited to have a grill again.

We are stocking them, so drop me an email if you are interested.

James
Attached Thumbnails
Cast Iron Standing Grill-castirontuscangrill.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Peasant

Default More detail on the stands?

I'm interested!

Is this heavy-weight stuff that should last for several years? How much do they weigh? ...And how much do they cost?

PizzaMan
Old 01-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hi Stan,

It's a nice grill. It's real cast iron, so it's heavy (a couple pounds) and you have to season it with crisco, etc. I clearly didn't do a good job of seasoning mine, as my first chickens stuck to the grill -- so much for great grill marks on those two.

You screw the legs on, and it looks like it will last pretty much forever.

I was able to just fit two butterflied chickens on it. They tasted great using an olive oil, lemon and lime marinade, even if they didn't look great.

The cost is $40. We should have our shopping cart software working shorty, so you don't have to fax or call in an order.

James

Old 02-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Good Find

James,

I'd be interested in the grill, too, because I could use it in my fireplace as well as the oven. Let me know when your shopping cart is up and running. Only problem would be shipping costs becase of the weight.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default The Store is Live

Hello Jim,

The store is live and the grill is there under Cookware and Bakeware, so give it a shot. I just tested it for Canada, and it works with FedEx Ground Int'l.

Give it a try, or you can send me a private message.

James