Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Laborer

Default Bread Class

Hi Folks,

I have taken the SFBI class and wanted to let anyone know who lives in the area it is well worth the cost for the Wood Fire Oven Class. I learned a lot about different starters, different dough, and most important to me was the most out of the heat in the oven. Many books go through these things however it was nice to see it all come together. Their oven is massive, I think it is 5 or 6 feet across on the deck.

There were people from all over the country in the class so that says a lot.

I can't wait to put some of that experience to good use!

Loren
Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Bread Class

Hi Loren,

We took a class in the wine country a few years back by Mary Karlin, we came away with the same feeling - well worth the cost. If Forno Bravo has another open house you should check that out as well. It's amazing to see all the various foods that can come out of these things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Bread Class

Hi Les,

I like the job you did on your oven! Yes, I also took the class by Mary at Ramekins, I also took a class from Peter Reinhart there... and a few others. I will have to check out the open house some day.

I really should post a few pics of the BBQ-ing we have been doing in the oven. Brisket and ribs for a nice long smoke session. I have not perfected it yet but it is getting close. I need to find the time to post here more often, however I have had other adventures going on...

Loren