Old 12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Apprentice

Default door with intake and exhaust ports?

Wondering how an oven door would work if it had intake and exhaust ports built into it. Was thinking it could have maybee a peep hole with high heat glass in the center of door and the bottom fresh air vent could be used to shine a light into the oven from the outside. Not sure how practical this would be but thought such a door might help hold the heat in oven and could be used with small fires still in the burning stage. I have not lit the first fire in my oven as yet but starting to plan my door. Was thinking 2 inches of the vermiculite concrete with a steel outer frame. The cutouts I show in the attachment here would just kind of slide in and out of place as needed.
What do the experienced oven users think of this kind of a door,is it worth trying?
...wayne
Attached Thumbnails
door with intake and exhaust ports?-door-scetch-spun.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: door with intake and exhaust ports?

Wayne,

Have a look in the Photo Gallery for pics of the blacksmith made door I use on my oven. You'll find them under Vent & Chimney. The approach is similar, although for exhaust purposes it merely leans from the base of the oven door to the outside edge of the vent.

Jim