Old 05-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Social Bookmarking

I have been doing a little research on social bookmarking, and it seems to be a growing technology that helps groups of people share websites and blogs that they find interesting, and that also help individuals keep better track of their bookmarks -- you can keep track of bookmarks on the Internet where you can access them from where ever, not just your own computer.

Is anyone using these services? There are quite a few, Digg, Del.icio.us and StumbleUpon to name a few. With so many Internet sites, it's getting harder finding the good ones, and telling friends or community member what you like seems to be a good idea.

It would be interesting to hear and learn more.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 05-20-2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Social Bookmarking

I've used Stumbleupon for a few weeks, after a friend invited me, but I don't see much value in it.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Mi Mark,

I wonder if it's an age thing -- no offense intended. :-) The companies that are putting together the services seem to be doing well. But then I don't get myspace either, and they're worth billions.

James

Old 05-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
<snip>But then I don't get myspace either, and they're worth billions.

James
What? You mean we are not ALL on your firends list?

J W
Old 05-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

I haven't watched the story very closely, but didn't myspace just disclose that they had thousands of sex offenders registered on the site?? Yikes.
James

Old 05-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I use de.lic.ious and love it. I do enjoy checking ot My Network and seeing what other folks are playing with - sometimes it leads to some pretty good stuff. A friend who's in my network uses Stumble Upon - through him I found a ton of stuff on a topic I thought I'd done a fair about of surfing/research on.

I use de.lic.ious primarily for the bookmark storage (can be very easy to find stuff once you get the hang of it) but it's a good way to share links with people of similar interests and have them share with you (you can actually send specific links in de.lic.ious).

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 05-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Archena,
That's it. You've put your finger on it. I have heard from a number of people that they have found FB.com through one of the social bookmarking sites, and there have even been a few cases where somebody said something nice about us on another site, and we can see an increase in page views in our analytics page.
So, everybody should bookmark us. :-)
James

Last edited by james; 05-24-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Already done - pretty sure I shared it when I bookmarked it as well.

[/CENTER]
Old 09-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Social Bookmarking Explained (Video)

This site has a video explaining it.

[/CENTER]
Old 09-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Apprentice

Bummer. Seems I cant use it with Maxthon - my favorite browser.

Really looks like something I could use.

Life is too short to drink cheap beer