Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Regional forums

Here's an idea. We have a number of requests for regional issues -- building suppliers, local restaurants, meet and greets, etc.

I could set up a forum category for Regional Forums and users could start threads on topics in their region.

Could that work?
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Regional forums

You bet it would be helpfull!! I'd love to have a local meet and eat and swap food and build ideas.

I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks

Chris

Last edited by SCChris; 02-03-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Excellent idea James - both building supplies and ingredients seem to vary so widely from country to country and also areas within countries that specific forums would help narrow the quest for items down considerably. This way people can more effectively assist others and vice versa....

What did you have in mind for regional divisions? Perhaps country then state/county or equivalent. I don't think that it should be too granular or things may become too diluted.

Rossco
Old 02-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I think it would be great as well,, the only difficulty Isee is how are you going to break the regions down.. During the summer I certainly wouldnt mind hosting a meet n greet for the Jersey people in my back yard, It would be fun to meet the other builders and potential builders... Maybe you could break it down by state... or tri state... lot of logistics, but I'm sure someone here has a good idea how to break it down...Thanks for the good idea,,

And let me wish you a belated Happy Birthday !!!!!!

Cheers Mark
Old 02-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Take a look at "http://cngchat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?3-Local-CNG-Station-Chat". This is a sub forum of CNGChat, I think it could work for us as well. I think if we break things up by continent and then country then sub-region it could work. I, like mark, would be happy to host a meet, greet and eat at my house sometime.

Chris
Old 02-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

I will take a look at the best way of doing this without breaking it down so far that there isn't a critical mass of people. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for BDay wishes Mark. The big 5-0. What the heck; the kids are young, and I'm running 60 miles a week. 50 is the new 30. :-)

James

Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Master Builder

I think California needs to be split up.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I'd agree with you FX. I think Cal could easly go NoCal / SoCal and leave it at that. I know that we have a bunch of us in LA Orange and SD counties.

Chris
Old 02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Journeyman

I think that the regional forum is a good idea for locating supplies, and the occasional meet and greet (boy would that be a picky group of pizza eaters- " I think your hearth temp is 10 degrees too low" etc.)
However, I really enjoy seeing the projects from all over; from Janine in Africa to all the Aussies and Brits, and the other people from foreign countries like New Jersey and Michigan. I wouldn't want to lose that.
Eric
Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Master Builder

I would love to hear from posters from Asia also, especially from Japan since I grew up there.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO