Old 05-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Serf

Default Pizza Wear

Am I the only one who wants to see a cycling jersey? I cycle, and after some hard miles, pizza from the oven is just what I need to replenish myself.

Also, and this may interest non-bikers, the 3 back pockets make this great while cooking pizza! I put a small towel in one pockets, sometimes a wood spoon and always a paper towel.

I can suggest a new design, or a graphic to complement the "got wood" shirts?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: Pizza Wear

frankpaolino,

I am also a cyclist (my greatest accomplishment so far is the "Terrible Two" (200 miles, 20,000 feet of climbing) and I think a pizza-themed cycling jersey is a great idea! I never thought of using a cycling jersey while cooking, however... wonder of it would be get too hot? Maybe a "retro" Italian style wool one? Keep the Italian theme going as well?

You got me thinking!

Neil
Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boerwarrior View Post
frankpaolino,

I am also a cyclist (my greatest accomplishment so far is the "Terrible Two" (200 miles, 20,000 feet of climbing) and I think a pizza-themed cycling jersey is a great idea! I never thought of using a cycling jersey while cooking, however... wonder of it would be get too hot? Maybe a "retro" Italian style wool one? Keep the Italian theme going as well?

You got me thinking!

Neil
I have eaten way to much pizza over the years to look good in a cycling jersey.

Chip
Old 05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Journeyman

Well guess what, there are already some companies that make Pizza-themed cycling jerseys! Here are three that I found
Attached Thumbnails
Pizza Wear-pizza-bike-jersey.jpg   Pizza Wear-pizza-bike-jersey-2.jpg   Pizza Wear-pizza-bike-jersey-3.jpg  
Old 05-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Master Builder

Chip,

One of the better benefits of riding a bicycle.... you eat and drink anything you want.

And one is never too old or out of condition to start. I got back into serious biking about a year and a half ago. Last year I rode the STP (Seattle to Portland) in just under 14 hours on the bicycle. This coming September my wife and I are spending a month riding canals in France. She has a heart condition and so cannot do much climbing, but even at 71, she can still tour.

Bests,
Wiley
Old 05-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Journeyman

Wiley, I totally agree!!

I am 51 and got "back" into biking 11 years ago. Lost 20 pounds and my weight now stays constant and I actually eat MORE than I use to! And pizza made with fresh, quality ingredients is a great fuel for biking. I have a 65-year old friend that I ride with regularly and he kicks my butt on hills sometimes! I have an Italian friend that rides a lot and he eats 4-course meals of pasta, pizza and dessert and he probably weighs 130 pounds soaking wet!