Old 10-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Serf

Default Pizza oven on trailer

I am interested in building a dome oven mounted on a trailer. Any advice regarding methods of securing the dome to the trailer base other than just mortaring the dome together as on a stationary base?
Old 10-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Pizza oven on trailer

Mount a steel pan with a lip on it to the trailer first. Build the oven inside the pan. Use cabling to secure the dome to the steel plate and trailer. See mainewoodheat.com for ideas. This is the method used by that company.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Some nice set ups on that site, though the oven is mounted too low for my liking.....guess it doesn't matter, I'll never order one.

Gulf might want to look into that sliding shelf idea..looks familiar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 10-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Some nice set ups on that site, though the oven is mounted too low for my liking.....guess it doesn't matter, I'll never order one.

Gulf might want to look into that sliding shelf idea..looks familiar.
Stonecutter,
You've got my interest! Can you post a direct link. I went to this site. Mainewoodheat.com. I looked around over there a few minutes this morning before leaving for work and for a few, just now .
A direct link and pic would be great for someone who works 12 hour days, plus the drive .

Last edited by Gulf; 10-09-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Laborer

Here is a link showing a maine wood heat mobile oven: STANDARD PIZZA COMPANY.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Master Builder

That is one very pretty oven. If it cooks half as well as it looks then it would be sweet.
What kind of $ are involved in ovens like this?

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
Stonecutter,
I looked around over there a few minutes this morning before leaving for work and for a few, just now .
A direct link and pic would be great for someone who works 12 hour days, plus the drive .
I thought since you figured out how to use emoticons so well, a direct link isn't necessary!

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin
Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Serf

Thanks for the link to the Maine wood heat site. Has anyone built one themselves? I am wondering how the cables are placed as to not create a problem with the ovens expansion during firing.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I thought since you figured out how to use emoticons so well, a direct link isn't necessary!
---------------------------?----------------------

Oh well. One day, when you get my age, some whippersnapper will talk over your head too. humor (inserted here) arh arh.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
---------------------------?----------------------

Oh well. One day, when you get my age, some whippersnapper will talk over your head too. humor (inserted here) arh arh.
Unless you are more than 30 years older than me, I don't think I will qualify as a whippersnapper.

My aforementioned post was a friendly gibe about how you were struggling with the link, ( a seeming cpu deficiency) yet are proficient with the tools available to visually enhance your topical interchanges*.

* This post was composed using thoughly sarcastic but non-derisive denotations. In other words....I was just joshin ya.
hehehe.

Current WFO build -

John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 10-10-2013 at 07:43 PM.