Old 08-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Large photo size limit on Photo Gallery

David brought up a good point on photos. We have all noticed that a couple of the interesting oven photo journals in off-site galleries (Photobucket, Yahoo Photos, etc.) have gone missing -- with changes to the hosting services and other problems.

So, I think it is a good idea (whenever possible) to post as many photos as you can in the FB Forum Photo Gallery. That way we know they will always be there.

Also, I have upped the photo size limit to 1.5MB per photo -- so you can post your best shots there.

Let me know if that is large enough.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Large photo size limit on Photo Gallery

James,

It's a very good idea to up the limit on photos for the gallery. Would you know how many pixels high that would be. The pics I have been posting are 250, and the width takes care of itself. The software I use to manage pics doesn't list the file in MB, so this would help, although I could mess about a bit and come up with it if it's difficult to determine.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 08-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Apprentice

That's great. The size limitation kept me from posting pictures directly here on the board.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Apprentice

Why not a larger file size on post attachments?

Old 08-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Um, please don't - as much as I love pics, a bunch of big ones do really bad things on dial-up.

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
[/CENTER]
Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey all,

I think we can make this work. I have upped the attachment sizes to 1.5M as well, but you don't have to see them unless you click on them.

Jim, I just looked at SuperT's very cool oven stand in the Photo Gallery and it is 2576 x 1932 and 1.07M. It's a very nice, high res photo.

I think we are in good shape. Let me know how it works for everyone.
James