Old 05-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Best of the Month May 08

Spring is in full bloom, and we have many beautiful ovens to nominate, along with new recipes, techniques and photos.

Enjoy the warm and sunny season, unless you are from the Southern Hemisphere or Britain (hah hah) -- and keep firing those ovens.

We are open for Best of the Month nominations for May 08.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Best of the Month May 08

James

Don't knock the British weather - we've had 6 straight days of sun, with temperatures in the 70's !!

But I'm sure it wont last !

Peter
Old 05-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I couldn't help that one. Memories of a July BBQ in pouring rain. :-)
James

Old 05-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Master Builder

I was impressed with the ferrocement work and related stuff by craig.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f36/...html#post29530 (SPRING!!! and a new project)

Anybody who makes 16 pizza parties on the spur of the moment can't be too bad!

.....and I like pyrotechnics too!
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f36/...html#post29530 (SPRING!!! and a new project)
Old 05-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: BOTM April 08 Voting

Well, it might be premature, since it isn't completed yet, but I'm going to nominate Frances for that phenomenal blue swirled mosaic dome

Old 05-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfiore View Post
Well, it might be premature, since it isn't completed yet, but I'm going to nominate Frances for that phenomenal blue swirled mosaic dome
Wow, thanks! ...but wouldn't you prefer to wait until its finished...?

My nomination for this month is mmmmmmmmhumous' cool witchy brick oven http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/h...work-3666.html (Help Please - about to start work!!)

I'd nominate James' outdoor kitchen, too. It certainly deserves it, but I don't know if its allowed.... and sending yourself a five-pack of caputo flour wouldn't be very much fun either. What do others think, can we nominate James or not?
Old 05-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

How about nominating Les' innovative contribution to global geography?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:17 AM

Here's a nomination in the technical category. cvdukes has developed a new method of mixing vermiculite concrete that involves making a slurry of the portland and concrete, then mixing it with the vermiculite or perlite. This provides much better distribution of the portland with the aggregate, to the extent that less portland can be used. I nominate not with the intention of getting a winner, although that would be cool too, but to bring attention to this important innovation that might otherwise get lost in the rush of spring builds.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...rete-3793.html (TIP: Mixing Vermiculite Concrete)
Old 05-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
How about nominating Les' innovative contribution to global geography?
Too funny! The laughter this month is astounding!

I don't know if it was put up before but, can we nominate Hendo's dome gauge...that idea was right on in my book...and given the posthumous nature of the award the flour would go to the party that christens his dream!
Just a thought!
Dutch
Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post
I'd nominate James' outdoor kitchen, too. It certainly deserves it, but I don't know if its allowed.... and sending yourself a five-pack of caputo flour wouldn't be very much fun either. What do others think, can we nominate James or not?
Probably not. Don't forget -- as site administrator, I can change the vote counting. :-)

If only I could do that for the upcoming presidential election. Sorry, no politics allowed.

James