Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Best of the Month

We are kicking off the Best of the Month (BOTM) program starting November 2007. Each month, I will make a posting in the Chit Chat category calling for nominations. You can nominate just about anything, including a photo, an oven, a part of an oven, a thread, a joke, a recipe, etc. Anyone can make a nomination, and you can voice your support for someone else's nomination by seconding it.

On (or around) the 15th of the month, I will review the nomination thread, and pick the five nominations that have the most support. If there are more than 5 nominations, the ones with the most seconds will qualify.

Then, I will create a poll with the 5 nominations, and we get to vote. The winner wins. :-)

For a prize, I was thinking that we would send a 5-pack of Caputo pizza flour. If the contest becomes popular and grows, I am happy increasing the size of the prize.

OK? Let's see if this is fun.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 10-31-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Best of the Month

I just love a benevolent king!

BTW, Have you received any of the heat I've been sending?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Wait, wait. These are just the rules. :-) The contest is here:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/...html#post18452 (Best of the Month November 2007)

James

Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPolice View Post
I just love a benevolent king!

BTW, Have you received any of the heat I've been sending?
LOL. I am but a mere brick oven merchant. Maybe we should nominate someone to be the lord of the forum.

James

Old 11-03-2007, 06:54 AM
Journeyman

The King masquerading as a common brick oven merchant... Of Course! This simple ruse affords the king to move liberally among his subjects, unencumbered by the trappings of his station! Brilliant! Huzzah! Huzzah, my King!

And with this post, I am now a Laborer and will happily begin to mix the concrete. What's the percentage of volcanic ash?

Last edited by PizzaPolice; 11-03-2007 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Always wanted to be an editor.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Master Builder

What ever happened to the Best of the Month surveys? Seems like we missed out on a ton of great ovens that popped up over the summer.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I agree! Whatever happened to James??? :-)

We will kick this off again for November 08 -- and I will make a nominations thread shortly.

Thanks for the reminder Mike,
James

Old 10-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Apprentice

Okay, get the nominations thread up, then I am nominating Mike!
Travis
Old 10-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Master Builder

Thanks, Travis. Perhaps we should wait until my oven's done and working (to be sure it doesn't crumble down)

So many of us have followed Les's build from the beginning, I'd hate to see that masterpiece not "officially" recognized.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Serf

James, My posts are disappearing. What's up? I was in an exchange with Les and both of us lost the posts. They started with my new photo posts Stefano