Old 02-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default 500 to 50,000

Now this is exciting. I am throwing this open -- what would be a good prize (within reason) for the 50,000th posting? How about a Pizza Napoletana kit with flour, tomatoes, our great olive oil and Sicilian oregano?

We are all feeling very good about this milestone; it represents a lot of great community input, many beautiful ovens, some great craftsmanship, good jokes, wonderful bread, and lots and lots of great food. Thanks everyone for your great sense of community; here's to 100,000.

Meanwhile, we will watch the new postings and come up with a great prize.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 500 to 50,000

That sounds like a fantastic prize!

Sadly I'm going to miss out on this one completely, we're off the mountains for a week... and here I was intending to hijack this milestone and try to get the European contigent padding away before it reaches the US time zone. Ah well, maybe next time.

Have fun, I'll be thinking of you all.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi James!

I like your suggestion... but there are so many GREAT choices.

Starting with an Italian classic makes sense in consideration of the strong Italian connection to the site and your company.

Then, for 100,000 perhaps a California pizza kit.... including some top notch California olive oil, artisanal cheese, and perhaps some artisanal salumi from San Francisco??? (In honor of the home state for FB).

Congratulations..
Jay
Old 02-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

But you must exclude a meaningless poster just trying to hit the prize...
Old 02-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Definitely. 50,000 must have real meaning!
James

Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey! I represent that remark. I'm almost always a meaningless poster!

The scary side of the numbers is that Frances and I account for something close to 8% of the posts! Throw in XJim, who's numbers I don't know right offhand (as he's occasionally SJim), and you can quickly get a feeling for who amongst us has way too much time on their hands.

-

Last edited by gjbingham; 02-25-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Laborer

I come around every so often, when time permits, and throw an occasional comment or praise. Therefore, if luck should venture in this direction at 50,000, James, please pass it along to one who "deserves it" more. Seeing this site grow over the years and my brick oven pizza is enough reward for me.

Peace and Pizza
Bob C
Old 02-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I hope 50,000 ends up being some unsuspecting guy making his first post looking for a bit of advice.

"Hey Honey! I joined this pizza forum and they sent me $50 worth of pizza making stuff just for asking what vermiculite is for!"

Updated!

Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Laborer

Maybe James can "hide" the post count when it gets witin 50 or 100...it's like that last two minutes of my sons soccer matches when they would turn off the clock and leave it to the referees discretion.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

Here's an interesting thought. I am going to be out of town this weekend (running my second marathon!), and it's possible that 50K will happen some time during the last six miles. :-)

Maybe I should get an iPhone and bring it with me -- just to check.
James