Old 12-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Swiss Christmas Biscuits

Say that ten times very fast...

The Swiss don't have many traditional Christmas meals, or rather each family has its own individual traditions, but there are lots of really nice traditional Christmas biscuits.

The brown ones are a kind of chocolate maccaroon with Kirsch and are called Basler Brunzli, the yellow ones are Mailšnderli (I.e. biscuits from Milan, though I doubt if they've ever heard of them there) - they're kind of bland, but grow on you. And the white ones are filled with rasperry jam and are called Spitzbuebe (cheeky boys).

Recipes may follow when I next have enough time.
Attached Thumbnails
Swiss Christmas Biscuits-gutzi-004.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Swiss Christmas Biscuits

Hi Frances.
You can't seem to get away from mosaics can you! You must have a plentiful supply (not to mention a talent with the addiction), but they are wonderful. Well done. I wish I had the time and patience.
My wife has a similar addiction with fabrics, patchworking, quilting, embroidery, smocking etc and is being kept very busy with her students and now our new grandchildren, so I understand!
Your biscuits look wonderful and most appropriate for the Christmas break. It is a pity that postage is so expensive, especially from the States and the UK, it would be nice to send samples to select members, rather than having them slaver over the pictures.
Just in case I don't get to reply to your posts, I wish you and your family a wonderful Merry and safe Christmas and Festive season break.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Swiss Christmas Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances View Post

Recipes may follow when I next have enough time.
Just teasing us eh?

They look scrumptious

My costs:

My pics: