Old 10-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Journeyman

Default kiwi apricot tart

kim made this one with fresh hardy kiwis from the garden, and apricot preserves from last year's harvest. unbelievably tasty.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Temperatura per dolco

Paul,

Che bella. Un cappolavoro. Do we get more details on the crust and the tart?

How warm was the oven? I have been asked a couple of times in the past few days how pastry temperatures are different from bread temperatures. What are you seeing?

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Journeyman

i'll have to check with kim--she made this one. in general i usually bake desserts like this around 350. plenty of time for the pizza to settle in, and the dessert pocket in my stomach to open up!

i still don't have a door for my oven, so i'm sure that affects baking time to a degree.

i actually think that the typo 00 flour feels quite a bit like pastry flour in texture, but it definitely wants to bake differently. the low temp. probably helps the pie crust become tougher than you would ever want from a pizza crust, while its high oil/butter content keeps it flaky.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Serf

This sounds like a fantastic idea, I've heard of tarts baking at high temperatures, maybe this is another way to bring in tastes from different fruits. I've heard of fig/pear combos, maybe that could be another tart in the future.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Overdo

Paul,

Another way to approach the well founded "overdo" idea: "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom," William Blake, English poet, artist, illustrator, 1757-1827. Words to live and eat by.

Jim