Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Apprentice

Default WFO Roasting Videos

I stumbled across these videos on someones [read: competitor] site, but thay are too good not to pass along.

Wood Stone Training and Cooking Videos

The ones on roasting are very good and give you an idea of the many things that you can do in the oven.

J W
Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: WFO Roasting Videos

Wow! I really liked the one called Fireworks-The Art of Stone Hearth Cooking. May I be even half as good some day at cooking that kind of variety, all at the same time!

And I want one of those copper cooking balls too - don't know what for, but I do ... I'm also thinking I need to order a terracotta baking dish from the FB store. Interesting how the guy made use of metal plates - another good idea. And skillets - I need some oven-proof ones.

Then there was Wolfgang Puck's mosaic oven in one of the other videos - immediately made me think, as does anything mosaic, of Frances' oven. His is very cool but hers is even better!

Those are interesting ovens, especially for a commercial application (which I think is their target). I can see a gas/wood combo having some real benefits there, however, for my purposes, I am very happy with my much more "authentic" WFO.

Sarah