Old 03-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Roast Goat (Cabritto)

I just saw a menu item for Roast Goat where they said they roasted the goat cut for 12 hours in a 65 degree C/150 F oven. I think that supports the low and slow roasting recommendation for meats.

Now....what temp to put it in vs take it out? I think you will need to know your oven's temperature curve!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Roast Goat (Cabritto)

That is an aufully low temperature to cook at. Would be very concerend that amount of time required to heat meat to tempertaure to avoid multiplication of bacteira is excessively long. This could result in meeting our friend, Sal (Salmonella!)
Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Roast Goat (Cabritto)

Richard, I agree it's a very low temp roasting. It sounds just like another thread that mentioned setting your oven at the internal temp you wanted your meat when finished. The problem with our WF ovens is that you would have a temperature curve downward unless there was some fire for constant low heat.

I do think there are a number of things that help reduce the risk of bacteria for a slow oven. Have fresh and well cleaned meat, using Marinades (acid), and smoking from the fire.

Think about hanging meat for a few days. It does not spoil quickly.

I have not had a bout with "Sam" (that I know of) ...I wonder if others have.

XJ

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!