Old 10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Apprentice

Default Wanted: Flatbread Sour Dough Recipes

I'm looking for recipes using sourdough starter to make flatbreads...either white, whole grain, or both. I've tried wading through various online sources but it makes my head spin :] Specifically, I want to make flatbread sandwiches.

So, any recipes for the flatbread and sandwich ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Wanted: Flatbread Sour Dough Recipes

what kind of texture are you looking for? closer to pita or foccacia? My leftover sourdough pizza crust dough makes great flatbread in the indoor oven but it's crusty and a little chewy vs. a pita texture. my recipe is posted somewhere on the site.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatgirl View Post
what kind of texture are you looking for? closer to pita or foccacia? My leftover sourdough pizza crust dough makes great flatbread in the indoor oven but it's crusty and a little chewy vs. a pita texture. my recipe is posted somewhere on the site.
Thanks for responding, splat :] To tell you the truth, I don't really know what I'm looking for in texture...I guess I'm wanting to experiment to get an idea of the possibilities.

I've made a sourdough ciabatti in the indoor oven (spread thin) and wasn't very impressed with the outcome. I've made foccacia in the WFO and liked that.

I'm just fishing.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Journeyman

My SD pizza dough can be done with ~50% whole wheat flour or all white. When I do WW I typically add a few teaspoons of wheat gluten per batch, but that might not matter if you're not going to do pizzas with it. If you think you'd want something more tender and less crusty, add milk and oil or butter to the dough.