Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Apprentice

Default First Real Attempt at Bread

I'm actually having a tuna chunks and fresh tomato with a drizzle of balsamic on my bread as I'm writing this. It is tasty.
For a first real attempt at bread I am extremely please. I did try a quick one last week and it came out good but I didn't put a lot of thought into it so that is why I'm calling this my first real attempt. I tried one with all purpose flour and the other with bread (high gluten) flour. The taste was the same. It was in the consistency that there was a difference. One was a little denser than the other. Of course the guests couldn't wait to dive into it and only let it stand for about 1/2 hour so it didn't have enough time to relax but they went wild. I hid the other one and am enjoying that now and will do the same tonight with a tomato salad and a lot of juice so I can dunk. I am going to try and get a little more air space in the middle and if anyone has any suggestions that have worked for them ( times, temp, kneading. etc) please feel free to pass them along. Other than that I am very pleased with the overall result. You can go to my pictures to check the bread out.