Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Brick Oven Cooking > Hearth Bread and Flatbread

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SCChris

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default eMagazine recommendation Bread #1

While grazing at “The fresh loaf” I found a link to the first issue and after reading the issue I thought I’d pass the info along. Rather than recipes there are four interviews and a introduction by the editor, Jarkko Laine. The interviews are with Chris Young, of the “Real Bread Campaign” in the UK, Phil Agnew a blogger from Austrailia, Larry Lowary a baker from Washington State and Richard Bertinet a baker and baking teacher from Bath in the UK. I found the interviews informative and thought provoking and thought some of you might as well.

The issue is downloadable at Insanely Interested
Insanely Interested

Chris
C5dad likes this.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: eMagazine recommendation Bread #1

What a nice eMagazine. I found the Real Bread Campaign and how it started quite interesting. I especially liked the interview that said something about the efforts to make "real bread and give it time to ripen and develop flavor naturally". Can't wait for the 2nd issue. Thanks for finding it Chris.
-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: eMagazine recommendation Bread #1

Yes, thanks Chris

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Laborer

Forgot to thank you Chris for posting this. Downloaded and read the emag last week. Very interesting interviews and stories. I hope this goes far for them.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I hope the quality is maintained and it gains traction..

The Real Bread school program "Bake your lawn" reminds me of going on a field trip to a working farm.. Very cool to bring the image of where food comes from to children in a very personal way.

Chris

Last edited by SCChris; 04-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Journeyman

I like the mag - just did not enlarge well for me and was hard to read! Maybe it is just me and my linux box.

CW

Follow my build
Old 07-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

The 2nd edition is dedicated to Flour and the interviews continue to be high quality, thought provoking and informative. Again highly recomended reading for Bread Heads.

Chris

http://insanelyinterested.us4.list-m...0&e=6e1b3494bd