Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Bread Night in Jabia...dueling doughs

Javea, Xabia, Jabia...it's all the same place!

Last Night was "Bread night in Xabia".....(I grew up in Canada watching "Hockey Night in Canada")

It was a duel between two sourdoughs (and the competiton won I think)

Vaughn, my better half did a sourdough starter over the last week using the Reinhardt cook book. When her sourdough was ready she had about 1/2 the original starter ready and told me to toss out the rest....I couldn't so I just used it to make a batch of bread while she followed the recipe.

Results:

Vaughn - 3 loaves of bread, two mini loaves, 4 rolls....sourdough with wheat

Jim - 1 loaf bread, 2 round loaves, 9 rolls...sourdough whole wheat

Early taste testing gives Vaughn the edge. They may look better too, mine were more rustic.
Attached Thumbnails
Bread Night in Jabia...dueling doughs-bread-baking.jpg   Bread Night in Jabia...dueling doughs-bread-cooling.jpg   Bread Night in Jabia...dueling doughs-bread-winner.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tiempo para guzarlos.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Breadsticks too!

I forgot the breadsticks...just having fun....next time some sesame seeds on top!
Attached Thumbnails
Bread Night in Jabia...dueling doughs-breadsticks-rising.jpg   Bread Night in Jabia...dueling doughs-breadsticks.jpg   Bread Night in Jabia...dueling doughs-bread-bake.jpg  

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!