Old 10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default White Pizza

Has anyone tried Alfredo pizza?

I used to get one years ago. It came with ham and mushrooms on it. I remember it as being a great combination.

Of course the sauce was Alfredo not tomato.

I must do this!

How bout some good Alfredo sauce recipes?

Give em up people.

I leave it in your hands!

Remember: I trust you gals and guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 10-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: White Pizza

Hi Dave,
Over here we have a pizza crowd who make a great (well I always get one when desperate for a quick and easy meal) called Dangerous mushroom. It is a tomato based, garlic sauce and mushrooms with almost no cheese. Very tasty.
Consequently, when I get the Pompeii going, I always make a Meat Lovers (with all different types of processed meats) and Dangerous mushroom pizza as first off the rank.

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 10-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: White Pizza

My families favorite has been a chicken bacon ranch pizza which Is always the first to get eaten. For the sauce I buy the ranch powder and add to sour cream, that way its not too overpowering.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanneill View Post
Hi Dave,
Over here we have a pizza crowd who make a great (well I always get one when desperate for a quick and easy meal) called Dangerous mushroom. It is a tomato based, garlic sauce and mushrooms with almost no cheese. Very tasty.
Neill
I must know more!

Mushrooms are my fav!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 10-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

I like white pizzas which are just EVO and good mozzarella -- plus your topping. I also like single topping pizzas (very traditional), such as mushrooms, potatoes, olive, caper/anchovy, cored and diced tomatoes.

But, you gotta have good oil and cheese to make it work.

Nice.
James

Old 10-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Master Builder

Many NY white pizzas are made by whipping ricotta and heavy cream or sour cream instead of alfredo. You could also go the route of olive oil with fresh mozzarella dipped in heavy cream...
Dutch
Old 10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Or, you can roll ricotta into the edge of the pizza -- just on one side.
James

Old 10-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

You's guys are making me hungry!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 10-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Journeyman

Here a 'Pizza Bianca' consists solely of good quality olive oil, salt and rosemary - at least this was how it was described at the Rustic Italian Pizza cooking class I went to recently. It was used in lieu of dry biscuits to have with prosciutto, jamon, cheese etc as pre-dinner 'nibbles'. Yum!

Does the term 'white pizza' in the US refer to any pizza topping that doesn't have tomato sauce?

Just trying to get my head around cultural differences in terminology again ...

Paul.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Paul,

Good point. I think the term white pizza can mean quite a few things, but there is definitely an Italian pizza called Pizza Bianca. It's roots can be traced back to Rome, and it is a long pizza made with olive oil and salt (and perhaps some Rosemary). The pizza is a meter long, and sliced, weighed and sold by the piece. It it is similar to the Tuscan schiaciatta. Emphasis on the good olive oil.

Here is a link to Campo de Fiori in Rome. I've never eaten there, but know folks who have said their Pizza Bianca is perfect. They even teach restaurants outside of Italy how to make Pizza Bianca.

Forno Campo Dé Fiori - Home Page

Check out the meter long pizza peel.
James

Last edited by james; 10-10-2007 at 11:21 PM.