Old 01-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Serf

Talking The un-pizza

I don't know where I get these ideas. Actually, I do, but I prefer not to go alone into those dark places of my mind. LOL Anyway, I have some pretty crazy ideas for "pizza" toppings and was wondering if anyone has any stories of bazaar pizzas. (if you can call them pizza)

One of my ideas is to make a chole pizza. (pronounced cho-lay) If you have ever had East Indian chicpea curry, then you have had chole. Personally, I could live on chole alone. It's the perfect food, especially when eaten with fresh paratha or roti. (flat breads) So, I think I am going to try it one day soon. I have developed my own outstanding chole recipe and so I think the time is right for a pizza with an East Indian flair. The toppings would layer like... chole gravy, mozzarella, chole, chopped red onion, cillantro, and maybe some lime juice. When it comes out of the oven, top it with either sour cream or fresh plain yogurt, ala the Indian way. I know this must sound insane, but I just bet the flavours would be amazing... and HOT too.

Another whacked out idea I have is the Thanksgiving Pizza. Imagine... top the dough with gravy, layer on the mashed potatoes (or sweet potatoes, yams, etc) and then top with pulled turkey breast. Not sure about cheese on this one, but maybe there's room for some mozz/cheddar.

Do I need professional therapy or are these ideas viable?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: The un-pizza

How bout posting your chole recipe.

I've never had it or heard of it.

For pizza... How bout pulled pork mixed with BBQ sauce.
Take the dough, sauce it with pizza sauce, add the pulled pork mixture, and then a ton of mozzarella.

Yum
!

I think you are crazy. I think all of us here are crazy! We build a huge brick thingy-ma-bobber in our backyards. Go nuts over chopped up fire wood. And we discuss how wet are dough is.

I'd say that qualifies for crazy.

But it sure is a great bunch of nuts!

Let us know how your pizza turns out!
Pics would be great.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 01-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo View Post
I
Another whacked out idea I have is the Thanksgiving Pizza. Imagine... top the dough with gravy, layer on the mashed potatoes (or sweet potatoes, yams, etc) and then top with pulled turkey breast. Not sure about cheese on this one, but maybe there's room for some mozz/cheddar.
You forgot the stuffing.......

My costs:

My pics:

Old 01-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Serf

ah yes!! and cranberry sauce! must try...
Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Serf

Well, I just got word that Dr. Phil has cancelled my show. Evidently, my world is in too much upheaval.

As for my chole recipe, see the attached text file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt momo's chole.txt (1.8 KB, 359 views)
Old 01-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Journeyman

Dave,
wrt your 09:29 PM post.
Perhaps that's why I feel so at home on FB.
Jeff.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Momo,
Sounds yummy to me.

California Wood Fired Pizza (I think that is the chain) does a Thai Chicken in Peanut Sauce Pizza that is absolutely killer.

-
Old 01-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Chicken and peanut sauce? That I must try! With onions!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Peasant

Momo,

I'm with you, actually. One of my favorite unconventional pizzas is to make Dhansak Chicken by conventional means....eat it as is the first day along with some delicious jasmine or basmanti rice....then, the next day, use the curry base for the sauce on a pizza....and add torn strips of the tender chicken as a topping, and there you go. It is incredible.

I actually convert a lot of my favorite meals into a flatbread "pizza" version.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Serf

Sammy, sounds awesome. I need to Google for Dhansak chicken though and see what that's all about. I recently had some authentic channa made by my friends from Punjab... had leftovers and completely forgot to try this idea.