Old 10-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Apprentice

Default Pizza Spinner

Hi Guys

I've been looking up methods on Hand Forming dough and came across this nifty piece of equipment to spin pizza dough without actually using your hands.

SPZ40 Pizza Spreader

I couldn't find any reviews about the machine and whether it can actually be compared and equated to that of hand forming/tossing/spinning method.

Has anyone had experience or heard of the pros and cons of such a machine. I'm so curious to know whether it produces the same delicate, tender crust as a hand tossed pie.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys out there.
Thanks
Regards
OM
Old 10-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Pizza Spinner

Now, why would you want to go and get that? Think of all of the dough you could buy, from the dough you save, from not buy that. Just another cookie cutter.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

It would be great if you ran a high-volume pizza restaurant with a shortage of skilled workers (Pizza Hut, Shakey's, Papa Johns, etc).

Home use? Huge waste. You're better off spending the money on a small commercial dough mixer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Master Builder

The video came up as "Private" would have been interested to see it work. Univex is a very good brand of commercial baking products. But I'll bet the price is huge...like in the thousands not hundreds. Yup... just looked it up $5,511 on amazon. Talk about driving up the cost of a pizza.

Learn to hand toss, it's not difficult. They even make practice dough that you can spin around and drop on the floor until you get the hang of it.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Pizza Spinner

I wonder how I have lived so long without one of those?

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is

Our One Meter Pompeii Oven album is

An album showing our Thermal Breaks is

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Master Builder

I know, I know (hand raised, shaking and shanking), call on me teacher, please.
Lburou: Ok, ok, Laurentius. Why?
Laurentius (big, smile) Your Wife!
Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Apprentice

Hi Guys
It took a lot of courage to start this thread because I know nothing has been developed yet to com close to the hand forming method

I have to agree - the $5000+ price tag is quite hefty for home use but for interest sake I'd like to see a write up comparing the hand forming method against this machine, the sheet roller and the press.

Maybe 1 day I may have my own pizzeria who knows then I would be interested in something like this.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

No worries, Oven Man! We're just having fun.
If you asked about one of these, you might have been kicked off the forum!

Updated!

Old 10-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Master Builder

Yes Oven Man...we are not picking on you just having fun with the equipment and gadgets available.

Now Ken....OMG what can I say...YUCK... I just did up a nice dinner of crapes and I must say when your picture came up it made my stomach flip. I can just taste the culinary delight that would come from that machine.

"Wonder pizza", is that because you wonder if what comes out is even pizza?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
Yes Oven Man...we are not picking on you just having fun with the equipment and gadgets available.

Now Ken....OMG what can I say...YUCK... I just did up a nice dinner of crapes and I must say when your picture came up it made my stomach flip. I can just taste the culinary delight that would come from that machine.

"Wonder pizza", is that because you wonder if what comes out is even pizza?
Faith, Did you do the crapes in the oven?

Ken, where in this world did you get that pic? Or was it from Pluto?

Photos:

Oven Blog: